God Save the Bee

getimageGloryBee took flight out of the garage of Dick and Pat Turanski in 1975. Firmly founded in Christian values, GloryBee aims to not only educate people about healthy living, but also provides quality natural ingredients for their consumers.

Apart from their vast inventory of over 3,000 products, GloryBee is also dedicated to the daunting task of solving the mystery of colony collapse with their Save the Bee campaign.

Launched in 2012, Save The Bee is dedicated to halting the decline in honeybee populations throughout the world. GloryBee firmly believes that time is of the essence, and that we must be diligent in our attempts to conserve the pollinators. The company donates 1% of their annual retail and select bulk sales to Save The Bee initiatives.

Devotion to natural products, community relations and environmentally conscious efforts have helped GloryBee establish themselves as a unique Oregon brand. While their strong religious identity sets them apart from other companies, their commitment to Save the Bee reflects an environmental awareness that appeals to many Oregonians.

We have seen many forward-thinking and rebellious companies flourish in this environment, and GloryBee is a fascinating anomaly in Oregon’s brand landscape. The company’s faith-based goals are a marked departure from the attitude of many other Oregon brands, but it does not seem to have hindered their success. This can be attributed to the qualities mentioned earlier, as well as the presentation of their religious values as an inspiration and not a conversion tactic.

chuckins@uoregon.edu

I am a theater buff turned journalism junkie from Northeast Portland. I got my first camera when I was seven. It was blue and had no settings but I absolutely adored it; I kept it in a little purple purse, which I took everywhere. From homemade Barbie movies to amateur horror films, I have been immersed in visual creativity for most of my life. My first love was books, and I am forever indebted to those tomes for my sense of adventure, imagination and appreciation for good writing. My parents were impressed by the fact that I always seemed to find novels featuring female heroines; they didn't realize how many were out there. I have been told that I am a social butterfly, but perhaps because of this I truly value the silence. I love the stress and the busyness, but only because it makes the silence that much sweeter. I am working to cultivate my skills in UO's School of Journalism. I have experience with photography, writing and social strategy, and I am proficient with design software including Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects and Final Cut Pro.